Re: Copyleft.net admits it's a logo

From: Robert Brady (robert@susu.org.uk)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 04:13:58 EDT

That logic would mean that unilateral action by one party could stop any
character being encoded in Unicode.

e.g. I could register "latin-capital-letter-p-with-stroke.net[1]" and then
start selling T-shirts with this character on, and declare it in my
documentation to be my logo.

It wouldn't stop it also being a character used by the national language
of Syldavia[2], and thus worthy of encoding.

My point : just because something is used as a logo, does not preclude it
also being a character.

[1] This is supposed to be a fictional character
[2] This is a fictional country

--
Robert