Re: MS Arial Unicode Font

From: Christopher John Fynn (cfynn@dircon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 07:55:32 EDT

Since MS Arial Unicode is such a huge font, it's not surprising that it seems to
cause problems on some systems. Have you checked
http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/fonts.html to see if there
are fonts listed there which cover the blocks you need but leave out those you
don't need?

FWIW MS Arial Unicode works for me in Word 97 [SR-2] on NT4 [build 1381 SP 5].
(I also use Adobe Type Manager 4 NT to manage my fonts and almost always have
Arial Unicode inactive).

My guess is that the amount of system and graphics memory available, the
graphics driver, the resolution and colour depth you are using, and the number
of other fonts you have active are all things which might effect whether or not
you can get MS Arial Unicode to work.

- Chris