Re: [unicode] Re: (TC304.2313) AND/OR: antediluvian views

From: Alain LaBonté  (alb@riq.qc.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 22:43:34 EDT

À 14:30 2000-06-13 -0600, J.Schneider@epixtech.com a écrit:
[Alain]
>at least I hope so (%= )...

>[Wayne] Now here is an interesting thing that has happened. You and I,
>without prior discussion, have recognized and accepted a method of
>identifying our comments. That is, we are using square brackets around our
>names preceding our comments. On the other hand, you've ended your last
>paragraph with "(%= )..." and I don't have any idea what you are trying to
>express. I assume it is some sort of expression like a smiley face, :-),
>but I just don't understand it. Is it a Québec French pictogram?

[Alain] First you have to know that when I was first exposed to emoticons,
I started to *naturally* do them upside down compared with the others'
convention (I had not noticed), to the point where, when I did it in the
"right" way, some asked me if I was sick this day... They noticed it (at
least two persons). So, not to disappoint them, I came back to *my* usual
way...

"(" is my smiling mouth...

"%" are my stylized nose and eyes at once.

"=" are the hair I still have (I'm losing them, not so fast, but surely)...

I invented that imoticon, or so do I believe. Sorry for the lack of
explanation.

Two hair variants: (%& -- (%~

Now a hat: (%þ (with a thorn, why limit ourselves with ASCII?)

and a cap: (%p (I never wear one, just in case you wonder!)

and so on...

Alain's emoticons...

Alain LaBonté
Québec