Re: Multilingual Support with Servlet,jdbc

Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 08:11:04 EDT

Zhiyong Zhang <> wrote:
> there any common jdbc driver(pure java) supporting convert from
> different characterset of database to unicode or utf8, that's indepent
> from different database vedors.

See International Components for Unicode for Java at - this will handle some of your requirements,
The issue about identifying the language of the data is much more difficult
- I would suggest using the Accept-Language since this is likely to be much
 Brendan Murray
 Software Architect,
 International Product
 Lotus Development