(OT) ISO 3166-2 online?

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 02:00:09 EDT

I apologize in advance for another off-topic posting.

As we all know, most ISO standards are not available for free, but can
only be obtained from ISO or national standards bodies at considerable
expense. Yet we also know that parts of some ISO standards, including
639-1, 3166-1, and of course 8859-* and 10646 are distributed on the
Web. The entire standard may not be there, but the all-important code
lists are.

Does anyone know if and where the code list for ISO 3166-2 might be
available? Beuth-Verlag wants around 90 USD for a paper copy and I'd
like to know if that's, um, really necessary.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California