Re: compliance with sql

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 10:19:56 EDT

Well, thats easy.... Microsoft SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5 do not support
Unicode, at all.

Support for Unicode was added to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and above. It is
implemented through the "National" datatypes such as ntext, nchar, and
nvarchar.

The only problems (limitations) I know of is that SQL Server is not really
surrogate aware (something that is described on the Unicode site), and that
not all of the UI tools necessarily support Unicode (although most of them
do).

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/