paper on language identification in IT

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 17:03:19 EDT

A revised version of the paper that Gary Simons and I wrote and that I
presented at IUC17 is now available online in both HTML and PDF versions at
http://www.sil.org/silewp/2000/001/. (The revisions were to add some
examples that I used in my slides in the actual presentation, to
incorporate some additional thoughts resulting from feedback that we got
after the presentation, and some minor cleanup.)

I would encourage anyone who has been interested in the recent discussions
on the Ethnologue and on language identification to read this in order to
gain a complete understanding of the full range of issues we are trying to
address.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>