Re: Tagging orthographic systems

From: Erland Sommarskog (sommar@algonet.se)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 14:56:15 EDT

Michael Everson <everson@egt.ie> writes:
> But even here, as I have pointed out, there are different traditions on
> both sides of the atlantic.
>
> Tire Center (US)
> Tire Centre (CA)
> Tyre Centre (GB)
> civilization (US)
> civilization (GB) Oxford recommendation
> civilisation (GB) Lots of folks

Well, here is a really weird case. Myself, I prefer to use -ize. However,
in the database I maintain we have settled on using -ise and -isation
consistently. Someone point out that there was a mixture, and since
I was changing a lot of other things as well, I decided two fix this
too. -ise/-isation won because it was the most common form. (And it
was probably not me who added these tables.)

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, sommar@algonet.se