Re: unicode + oracle query....... (suggestions needed...)

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 06:44:59 EDT

Sandeep,

Can you explain exactly what you are doing to get the data from ASP into the
Oracle database? Perhaps post the ASP code? Like most scriptoing languages,
VBScript and JScript both support UCS-2, and it is really usually the Oracle
ODBC or OLE DB driver that has the job of converting the text from UCS-2 to
UTF-8. I would wonder if what you are seeing is some type of "double
conversion?"

So the things that would be interesting to know:

1) The data access method to Oracle
2) Version of the driver being used
3) A sample of the code/script being used

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/