Re: Encoding????????????

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 07:15:01 EDT

From: <Jukka.Korpela@hut.fi>

> That's a good question. Internet Explorer 5 is relatively advanced in the
> area of handling different encodings. It seems to honor the encoding
> ("charset") as advertized in HTTP headers, and it seems to try to make
> an educated guess (based on the actual content of data) when no encoding
> is specified. The details are somewhat obscure and undocumented, though.

Actually, it is done byMLang, the MultiLanguage object, which is
well-documented in the Web Workshop on MSDN. I just wrote an article for
VBPJ that explains how to call it from VB, and one day MS might have some
C++ samples on their site. :-)

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/