Re: [OT] Word select in Microsoft products?

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:33:08 EDT

There is no central way to do it in all applications, no. In fact, most do
not support a way to do it per application. :-(

It gets better or worse in Windows 2000 (depending on your point of view) as
it grabs whole clusters when you work per letter, thus Tamil TTA + I and
other ligatures are selected as a unit. Probably worse in your case, since
you may sometimes want to select single letters. :-)

FWIW, in Word, WordPad, OE, and Outlook, I am more of a keyboard person,
especially for selections (sometimes an occupational hazard of development?
<g>). It will respect your starting place if you hold down the shift key as
you arrow around or use home/end or the arrows, and does not do the "word
selection" that you are talking about.

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/