RE: query

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 12:33:38 EDT

Joshua,

Double byte enabling DOS is no minor feat. It is not a driver but a new
operating system. If you are tight on memory your applications may not run
because the DBCS support adds overhead. About 5 years ago we gave up on
DBCS DOS projects because they were too much grief. Hardware is not that
expensive any more. The excuse no longer holds up. Considering that a good
Chinese font is 3-10Mb, using DOS just does not make sense.

Carl