Re: Q.'s about hanja

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 15:13:11 EST

Marco Cimarosti wrote:

> In fact, my understanding of likes like this:
>
> U+4E07 kKorean MAN MWUK
> U+4E32 kKorean KOC KWAN CHEN
>
> Is that they are a lists of alternative *mono*-syllabic readings (i.e. I see
> the blank as an "OR"):

You are probably right. However, my understanding was that the KS standard (and
a fortiori Unicode) contains multiple codepoints (one in the Unified Han block,
one or more in the CJK Compatibility Ideographs block) in such cases.
There is no compatibility ideograph for U+4E07, and there is only one (U+F905)
for U+4E32.

> U+4EBB kKorean SA-LAM-IN-PYEN

I missed this one. Your argument sounds plausible.

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less                    || http://www.reutershealth.com