Re: National Languages Support in Windows

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 10:07:32 EST

> There are some amusing mappings, such as the fect that the infinity sign
> maps to the number eight as a "best fit" when no infinity is available.

This has incidentally led to the occasional joke that comes up, such as when
BillG had stated that there would VB on the Mac by the end of the year (it
was an April, at the time -- I believe at Windows World?). Of course VB on
the Mac never happened, and an NLS geek not unlike myself (but who was much
more clever than I!) noted that the mapping of infinity to eight might
explain how something that was to happen in eight months never actually came
out.

I guess one has to be a [hopeless] geek to find that sort of thing funny,
huh? :-)

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.