[novice question] Characters to languages mapping list?

From: Adam Twardoch (adam.twardoch@euv-frankfurt-o.de)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 10:10:29 EST

I'm looking for electronically available resources which show character
repertoires used in various languages. I need it for orientational purposes
only, so the list doesn't have to be 100% correct. I could very well live
with languages using "simple scripts", i.e. for example European languages,
for a start.

Technically, a list of language tags (whatever system) plus a
Unicode-to-language tag mapping list would do perfectly. Collating info
would be a welcome addendum...

Adam Twardoch