Re: Unicode Fonts, (was RE: FW: embedding in HTML

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 19:32:03 EST

Addison P. Phillips wrote:

> In order to see the characters correctly in YOUR browser using NS 4.7x,
> you can download a font that encodes most of the Unicode range, such as
> Microsoft's Arial Unicode MS font, and set the Unicode encoding (or any
> other encoding, for that matter) to use that font for display.

This is from the EULA of the Arial Unicode MS update
file:

"...
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID EULA FOR ANY "PRODUCT" (I.E., MICROSOFT OFFICE, MICROSOFT
PUBLISHER, AND ANY MICROSOFT PRODUCTS THAT INCLUDE MICROSOFT PUBLISHER AS A COMPONENT PRODUCT), YOU
ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO INSTALL, COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE COMPONENTS AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER
THIS SUPPLEMENTAL EULA.
..."

Since the download is about an hour, this information
might be helpful before the download...

Best regards,

James Kass.