Re: Did I do this right?

From: Katsuhiko Momoi (momoi@netscape.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 01:13:01 EST

11digitboy@bolt.com wrote:

> I put some japanese text up on the web
> http://11digitboy.stormloader.com
> and i think i did it right. Is the &#nnnnn; format
> correct where nnnnn is a unicode code in decimal? do
> i set netscape to utf-8 to see it? what about msie?

For Netscape 6/Mozilla & MSIE, you don't have to set the encoding at all
as long as you have a Japanese font. For Communicator 4.x, you need to
set the encoding to one which contains the characters you have in mind.
Since the ones you used are Japanese Katakana, you can view them under
any Japanese encoding, GB2312, EUC-KR and Unicode. (Note that you would
have to have set appropriate fonts which contain these glyphs for the
encodings I mentioned.)

- Kat

--
Katsuhiko Momoi
Netscape International Client Products Group