Re: UCS-2, UCS-4, UTF-16 unicode format files

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 08:46:35 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Song Moong Er" <ser@inxight.com>
To: "Unicode List" <unicode@unicode.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 5:35 PM
Subject: UCS-2, UCS-4, UTF-16 unicode format files

> Hello,
>
> I am new to this mailing list. Hope it is appropriate to ask the following
> question :
>
> 1. Any browser that I can used to view UCS-2, UCS-4, UTF-16 unicode format
> files ?
>
> 2. I am looking for some UCS-2, UCS-4, UTF-16 unicode format file.
> Any web site which I can download the above files ? or any software I can
> generate those files ?

Try looking at the *.UNI files under the FIVE BOOKS
directory:
http://www.unicode.org/Public/TEXT/

With a Unicode editor like SCUnipad, files can be converted
between different formats using "Save As..."
http://www.sharmahd.com/unipad/

(My copy of the James Legge book is titled 中英對照四書, so
it looks like I was shorted...)

Best regards,

James Kass.