Re: Serious problems with Arabic

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 09:50:00 EST

Dear Kenneth,

Due to some problems with Unicode Arabic behaviour, which I posted on the
mailing list in November, and using your guidance, I'm preparing a
suggestion for UTC.

I think I know what should I suggest for shaping issues, but not about the
following problem I am attaching below to help remembering.

Do you think a purposal for changing the decomposition for U+0647 to my
suggestion but without the ZWNJ may have a chance? The current
decomposition is really a bug, even in semantics. The semantics is really
a Heh plus a Hamza Above. The current decomposition has possibly been done
only because of the glyph shape in the charts...

--roozbeh