RE: Rational

From: Ted Peck (Ted@basistech.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 17:00:23 EST

We're using Visual Test on one of our Unicode projects. I asked the QA
engineers about it, and this is what I learned:

We're currently working with Rational Visual Test 6.5 which indeed has
multibyte character support. To confirm this, we wrote two short
executables with a UI, one that was MBCS-enabled and one that was
Unicode-enabled.

We then used a Visual Test script that performed the following for both
versions:
1) write Japanese characters into one text field of the executable's UI
using an IME
2) test that the characters entered in Step 1 can be correctly read by the
executable and reentered into the UI's other text field.

The tests passed in both cases - MBCS & Unicode.

Hope this help answer your questions.

Ted Peck

     / Ted Peck / Basis Technology Corp. /
    / Director of Product Management / One Kendall Square /
   / ted@basistech.com / Cambridge MA 02139 /
  / 617-386-7158 / 617-386-2000 /