RE: Unicode Transcriptions

From: ROBERT HODGSON (RHODGSON@americanbible.org)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 12:06:39 EST

Dear colleagues,

The American Bible Society is undertaking a prototype project which will
bring an elementary Hebrew course online in the next year or so.

We anticipate using the Unicode fonts to display the Hebrew characters.

I would very much appreciate being in touch with other colleagues who have
had experience in displaying Hebrew characters with Unicode. Of interest to
us would be experiences in
        1) browser selection
        2) operating systems selection
        3) size of Hebrew character set to chose

I'm sure there will be other questions as we move forward, but these are the
ones we are looking at just now.

Thanks in advance to the Unicode list members for any leads they can give
me.

Best wishes,

Bob Hodgson
American Bible Society