Re: Musical Notation 3.1

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 12:56:20 EST

P. Andries asked:

> 1) Where is the Gregorian punctum (square dot) ? Is it unified with another
> dot, another shaped note (U+1D147) ? If so, why ?

I am double-checking, but I believe it's unified. I'll have more info later.

> 2) How would a triplet (a group of three notes to be performed in the time
> of two ordinary notes of the same kind) be represented ? By the addition of
> a subscript/superscript number 3 (which one ?) to a series of beamed notes ?

That is entirely up to the layout program. I would suppose use of a small
italic "3", with or without accompanying brackets, depending on the
typesetter's preference. This aspect of layout is beyond what Unicode is
providing.

        Rick