RE: Javascript Chart

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 05:16:34 EST

Peter Constable wrote:
> I did try to change the font using the instructions provided,
> but it didn't seem to work for me (trying to display
> characters in ver. 3.0 not supported by Arial Unicode MS)
> using IE 5.5. Ideas?

No ideas, sorry.

Unluckily this kind of things is totally dependent on the browser and its
concept of "being standard".

I too noticed some weird things with my version of IE and Arial Unicode MS.

For instance, characters U+0080 to U+009F show the glyphs for Windows cp1252
(euro symbol, etc.), although an HTML numerical reference like &128; should
always be interpreted as Unicode (and, beside that, the file's character set
is explicitly set to something different than cp1252).

Another funny example is with plane 1 characters (U-010000 to U-01FFFF),
that are folded to plane 0 characters.

So, e.g., U-010300 (OLD ITALIC LETTER A) is shown with the glyph for U+0300
a (COMBINING GRAVE ACCENT).

Curiously, the same thing does not happen with characters in planes 2 to 16
(U-020000 to U-010FFFF)

_ Marco