RE: Math operators

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 01:32:59 EDT

At 1:23 PM -0700 6/5/01, Murray Sargent wrote:
>Unicode has many multiplication signs, e.g., U+00D7, U+00B7, U+2022,
>U+2219, U+2299, U+22A0, U+22C6, etc. In this spirit, you can probably
>include U+2605 ()

No, that's the APL exponential symbol. The question is about this
one, from the *second* line of the sig: ~

Out of your list, the Mac Unicode table for Japanese fonts shows only
U+00D7 as a viewable character. This is also the only math symbol
that can be entered as kakeru. It is at code point 817E in Shift-JIS.
Now to answer the original question, I just need to get out the
mapping table...Nope, not in that one...Ah, here it is, in
JIS0208.txt. Yes,

817E SJIS
215F JIS
00D7 Unicode

are all the same character.

--

Edward Cherlin Generalist "A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it." Alice in Wonderland