Re: Nushu (was Re: UTF-17)

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 19:32:40 EDT

At 15:31 -0700 2001-06-25, Kenneth Whistler wrote:

>Thanks for the pointer. Michael Everson ought now to have enough information
>to put a reasonable entry in the Roadmap. It is not yet ready for
>encoding yet, clearly, and sounds like it could have a numerosity
>from something like 600 characters at the low estimate to 1500 characters
>at the high end estimate.

It does seem that Nushu is a script of its own. I'll err on the side
of generosity (1500) -- though I would much rather see a table of
characters than see reports which can't decide how many characters
there are. Still, its presence in the Roadmap will possibly spur on
experts to provide more information.

--
Michael Everson