Re: Slovenian and Croat letters

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 15:01:32 EDT

At 18:22 7/2/2001 +0200, Martin Kotulla wrote:

> > They are used to mark tone in linguistic discussion of traditional
> > poetic texts.
>
>Which means that a Croat/Slovenian typeface would be regarded "complete" for
>everyday use even without those characters. Right?

Yes.

There are very few typefaces that contain these characters. I made some
last year, for a Croatian publisher, but using custom 8-bit encoded Type 1
fonts, not Unicode.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

There are sheep in the field. 'I know what they are,' she says,
'but I don't know what they are called.' Thus Wittgenstein is
routed by my mother. (Alan Bennett, Diaries 1983)