Re: status of Jindai scripts?

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 17:17:14 EDT

Thank you Kay Genenz. This web page is helpful. I was not aware of any
of this info. I'm not surprised they disappeared from the roadmap.

> Should one consider the Chinese oracle bone
> inscriptions (1200 BC) for entry to the unicode list?
> They really did exist.

They are "unified" with the Han. As far as I know, nobody has undertaken
the actual task of enumerating them and showing which forms are allied to
which Unicode code points. Nice research paper, I'm sure.

        Rick