Re: Greek accents printing problem -- MS or HP problem?

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 01:03:38 EDT

ON Thursday, July 05, 2001 5:25 PM, fdregier@juno.com wrote:
> the printer prints Greek characters, but without the proper accents.

I am in a hurry, and I will not be back to read my mail and asnwer
any questions before Thursday.

Here are my 2 cents' worth:

For me, the following mix of hardware and software works well
with classical Greek:
- MS-Windows 95, 2nd Edition (German version)
- MS-Word 97
- Netscape 4.75
- TITUS Cyberbit Basic font, available from
  http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/unicode/tituut.asp>
  (for possible alternatives, cf.
  <http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/fonts.html#greek>),
- HP Laserjet 4000 Series.
As I do not write much Greek (just a few test cases), I have not tried
to find a suitable input method. I use the (modern) Greek keyboard to
enter the unaccented characters, and I pick the accented ones from
Word's table (Insert/Symbol).

You may find more hints on
<http://www.gottwein.de/Grie/Gr.Schrift.htm> (in German),
<http://users.ox.ac.uk/~tayl0010/html_help.html>.