Re: regarding unicode input

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 15:52:09 EDT

Keyboard drivers under Windows 2000 input characters as
Unicode. Since Windows 2000 is Unicode-based, all Windows
2000 applications should have no problem in handling such
Unicode input.

Older platforms are a bit different. Seem to recall seeing
a few different "work-arounds". One method is to simply
continue typing text as has been done all along, in non-Unicode
encodings, and then convert the resulting files into Unicode
before they are exchanged with other people. As the older
platforms become more and more obsolete, these "work-arounds"
will disappear.

Please see:
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/input/w2kbd.htm

and:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/keyboards.asp

To design custom keyboard layouts under Windows:
http://www.tavultesoft.com/

Best regards,

James Kass