Re: Is there Unicode mail out there?

From: DougEwell2@cs.com
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 16:56:08 EDT

In a message dated 2001-07-11 13:31:54 Pacific Daylight Time,
Peter_Constable@sil.org writes:

> OK, I didn't look closely at the header, just at the result. Here's another
> test that will be telling - I don't know of any codepage / charset for
> Ethiopic: ሀሁሂሃ

Everything came out fine. Of course, what I saw was the raw bytes,
interpreted as CP1252, but I just cut and pasted them into SC UniPad and
everything came out fine (except for the fact that UniPad doesn't have
Ethiopic glyphs yet...).

The header revealed the encoding Peter used:

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California