Re: OT: Chocolate Letters

From: juuichiketajin@ranmamail.com
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 14:49:50 EST

I want two chocolate hangul syllables, "ri", and "sa", for my Korean-American friend.

What do you call "one-piece" characters (like hiragana "a") to distinguish them from "multi-piece" ones (like hiragana "ta")?
To give a more familiar example, the only multi-piece Greek capital letters are xi and perhaps theta.
I know, you call them nothing. This is so you don't have disputes about whether you must remove the engraving tool when carving your girlfriend Sakura's initial.