RE: The virus

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 10:28:43 EST

Peter Constable wrote:
> It seems to me that all you need to do is to build yourself an input
> method that emulates that behaviour. For example, have a keystroke
> generate the sequence < 0917, 094D, 200D >, and a "danda"
> keystroke that
> will simply delete the last two of these characters. You
> could probably
> build this pretty easily using Tavultesoft Keyman
> (www.tavultesoft.com).

What you cannot easily do with Keyman is visual order input - E.g. short i
before consonant, repha ra after consonant.

Moreover, it is tricly to implement the deletion of the <danda>: when the
user hits backspace near <0917> the keyboard script should rather add <094D,
200D>.

Finally, there is no way to simulate placing the cursor between the <half
ga> and the <danda> glyphs.

I think that the way to go is translating the whole text in a gyph encoding
(when loading/pasting it) and then back to Unicode (when saving/cutting it).
I am implementing a small demo of such a behaviour but, unluckily, the
developments for the bloody euro switchover is keeping me to buisy to finish
it right now.

_ Marco