Re: Hindi characters for transcribing the sound "e"

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 12:04:38 EST

There are two different processes: transliteration (which is by letter) and
transscription (which is by sound).

If transliteration is what you mean, I just checked with the ICU online demo
at http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/tr, and "e" is transliterated as
U+090E "ऎ" DEVANAGARI LETTER SHORT E*. ICU transliteration for Devanagari is
based on ISCII (for the exact composition, see the last section of
http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/Transliteration.html, called
"Script Transliteration Sources".

Mark

* I use the demo fairly often simply to get hex converted to and from
characters, and characters converted to and from names.

—————

Πόλλ’ ἠπίστατο ἔργα, κακῶς δ’ ἠπίστατο πάντα — Ὁμήρου Μαργίτῃ
[For transliteration, see http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/tr]

http://www.macchiato.com