Arabic and Hindi digits, what to store ?

From: Isam Bayazidi (bayazidi@arabeyes.org)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 20:50:08 EST

Hi all ..
        I have a quick question, we are developing several Arabic enabled software,
and adding Arabic support to already existing ones .. and one of the issues
that we faced is Should we store the numbers in thier Hindi Format or ASCII ?
we know that showing them in what ever look is a matter of preferance, but
what we are asking .. what would be better action to do , to store the digits
displayed in hindi in thier Hindi encodings, or use the Arabic digits defined
in ASCII ( the first 128 places of ISO ) ?

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi