Re: Devanagari enthousiasm!

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 06:36:58 EST

On 03/06/2002 03:12:20 PM Michael Everson wrote:

>>But a font is not a ISO/IEC 10646 subset! By definition, it contains
glyph
>>codes, not character codes. They are in two different worlds.
>
>But in public procurement a subset may be specified, in which case
>ASCII will be implied. I don't know who made up this rule, by the way.

I've never seen any font vendor advertise the capabilities of their fonts
in terms of ISO 10646 subsets. In fact, I've never seen any reference to
ISO 10646 subsets outside discussions of ISO 10646 such as this.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>