Re: how can I write an arabic square root- I think I've understood a little.

From: Munzir Taha (munzirtaha@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 17:01:15 EST

> No: common characters, such as parentheses or double quotes are supported
> even on my system. So, the mechanism is already in place on many systems.

Please, execuse me but I need more explanation in this issue. When I need to
enter parentheses or double quotes, I find two different symbols. Do you
mean that these two distinct symbols are actually one symbol and its mirror
made by the font designer? <don't laugh>I thought first that this mirror
property means I just insert one symbol in any application and by changing
the direction dir=rtl for example in FrontPage, I get the mirrored
one</don't laugh>And how can I differentiate between such a thing
and other sybmols which are made out of different glyphs. In summary, for me
as a user the mirror property means nothing whereas for a designer it means
a lot, am I right?

Thanks for your generous help