Re: Bengali script - where is "khanda ta"?

From: John H. Jenkins (
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 18:04:11 EDT

On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, at 01:03 PM, Somnath Kundu wrote:

> Is that same for Unicode, i.e.,
> Ta + Halant + Halant -> Khanda Ta
> and how Uniscribe handle this case? In other words, how can I write
> Khanda Ta in Unicode?

Forgive me, but this is a pet peeve of mine. How something is done in
Unicode and how it's done in Uniscribe are *NOT* the same thing.

> The reason for my posting was that I found Code2000 font some days ago
> and installed Bangla keyboard driver manually, found on my MSDN Win2k CD,
> on 2k/XP to type some Bangla letters but was not able to type Khanda Ta.
> (The glyph is also probably missing in that font).

I don't think that Code2000 is an OpenType font, which means it won't have
the ancillary glyphs and data needed to do full proper support of many
languages and scripts.

John H. Jenkins