RE: Any way of using Unix X11 fonts on PC?

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 05:50:24 EDT

Shlomi Tal wrote:
> Having read about the ability to use TrueType fonts on the X
> Window System, which I do on Linux, I am interested in the
> other way round.
> I have all of Markus Kuhn's UCS-fonts, and I need to know if
> there's some way of putting them to use in some Windows or
> DOS-box app, such that I could view Kuhn's UTF-8 Demo
> without having to resort to exotic shareware proportional
> fonts like James Kass' Code2000.
>
> Is there any way that _doesn't_ involve downloading the
> Cygwin distribution?
> FYI, I have the entire DJGPP suite on my Win2000 machine.

Are X11 fonts == BDF fonts?

If yes, you can try converting them to DJGPP's GRX format using Herbert
Reichardt's utility, as described in this post:

        http://www.gnu.de/archive/grx/0006/msg00002.html

The link in the post is now broken, but the program is available elsewhere:

        http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/malfer1/grx/resourc.htm

Good luck!

_ Marco