Unicode Character names on Mac OS X 10.2

From: Patrick Andries (pandries@iti.qc.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 11:14:25 EDT

    ----- Message d'origine -----
    De : "Dean Snyder" <dean.snyder@jhu.edu>
    Envoyé : 14 oct. 2002 09:28

    > Michael Everson wrote the following at 10:18 AM on Mon, Oct 14, 2002:
    > You can view all supported characters by using the Unicode character
    > palette invoked from the keyboard menu in Mac OSX 10.2.
    >
    > This is a great Unicode tool (and one I have seen no mention of
    > elsewhere). You can view characters by Unicode block or the entire
    > Unicode character set; you can view the glyph catalog of whatever font
    > you select; you can add characters to the favorite tab. When you select a
    > character it shows the Unicode name, number, and related characters (like

    Have the Unicode character names been localized, as MS Windows has done (at
    least for French and German which I have personally seen) ?

    In other words, have the official ISO 10646-1 and -2 French names been used
    in the French version of this tool, or must French readers see an English
    name for characters they know under a French name (all latin characters,
    arrows, etc.) ?

    Thanks for any information.

    P. Andries
    - o - O - o -
    French ISO 10646 character names (equivalent to Unicode 3.2)
    http://iquebec.ifrance.com/hapax/ListeDesNoms.htm