Re: Manchu/Mongolian in Unicode

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 11:33:21 EDT

    At 06:49 -0700 2002-10-14, Peter Lofting wrote:
    >At 1:35 PM +0100 10/14/02, Michael Everson wrote:
    >>Apple's Character Palette will not load on my machine, a bug which I
    >>have been filing for a good while now.
    >
    >Works on my iBook. What machine have you got?
    >
    >Did you get a copy of 10.2 from Cork?

    No, I get seeded 'cause I send in so many bugs. :-)

    Actually a kind soul told me to delete

    user/<username>/library/preferences/com.apple.CharPaletteServer.plist

    Which does bring it back for me, though I find its functionality
    isn't working properly; when you choose a new font what's in the
    Window doesn't update. Thus I have Lucida Grande on screen and select
    the character for Yogh which has no glyph in Lucida Grande, but when
    I switch to Evertimes or Lucida Grande ME ze font, she does not
    change....

    48B Gleann na Carraige; Cill Fhionntain; Baile Átha Cliath 13; Éire
    Telephone +353 86 807 9169 * * Fax +353 1 832 2189 (by arrangement)