Re: ct, fj and blackletter ligatures

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 16:46:41 EST

    On 11/04/2002 06:11:35 AM Thomas Lotze wrote:

    >So far the theory is very clear, and as far as plain text is concerned,
    >seems to be directly applicable. However, if I have a typeset document,
    >say in PDF format...

    If you've got a PDF document, it is encoded entirely in terms of glyphs.
    There is no problem here. A rendering engine can't choose not to ligate
    two characters that were supposed to be ligated when the document was
    typeset -- PDF doesn't work that way.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485
    E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>