charset name for IMAP mailbox encoding (mod UTF-7)?

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 20:06:10 EST

    Quick question:

    IMAP specifies a modified UTF-7 encoding for mailbox names. I imagine that this might be implemented
    in some applications as a converter. If so, what charset name is used for it? Is there a common one?

    If there is no commonly used charset name, then how about "imap-mailbox-name"?

    Thanks,
    markus

    See RFC 2060 section 5.1.3. "Mailbox International Naming Convention"
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2060.txt

    --
    Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.