Re: A .notdef glyph

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 01:23:37 EST

    William Overington <WOverington at ngo dot globalnet dot co dot uk>
    wrote:

    > Here is my design.
    > Point 1 is at (0,0) and is on the curve.
    > Point 2 is at (0,2n) and is off the curve.
    > Point 3 is at (2n,2n) and is on the curve.

    I can't visualize this without knowing which lines are curved and which
    are straight, and without knowing where the origin is.

    Draw an image (smaller than 2048 × 2048), upload it to your family
    webspace, and post the URL to the list. (Don't send the image to the
    list.)

    John forgot to mention this, but Michael is right: the glyph has to
    signify "not defined" or "glyph not supported" in some way. Just any
    old arbitrary shape may not be sufficient. I kind of like SEUSS LETTER
    WUM myself.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California