Re: IBM AIX 5 and GB18030

From: Joe Ross (joeross@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 13:32:03 EST

    APAR IY26937 does include a Zh_CN.GB18030 locale. Here is a link to the
    web site where it can be obtained.

     http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.fdc51 (search for fix for APAR IY26937)

    Joe

    Jane Liu <xjliu_ca@yahoo.com>
    Sent by: unicode-bounce@unicode.org
    11/14/2002 08:59 AM

            To: Markus Scherer <markus.scherer@jtcsv.com>, unicode <unicode@unicode.org>
            cc:
            Subject: Re: IBM AIX 5 and GB18030

    Thanks Mark !

    That may mean IBM AIX 5 support converison between GB18030 and
    Unicode, but I don't see this is a system level of support because
    there is no locale names for GB18030 in the doc of AIX 5 :

    http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixbman/admnconc/locale.htm

    Zh_CN Simplified Chinese People's Republic of China GBK
    zh_CN Simplified Chinese People's Republic of China IBM-eucCN
    ZH_CN Chinese People's Republic of China UTF-8

    Jane

    http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/support/readme/aix530_read.html