Re: IBM AIX 5 and GB18030

From: Jane Liu (xjliu_ca@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 13:30:14 EST

    Mark,

    I think only "converter" is not sufficient. How about the following
    support :
    - IME (to input CJK Ext.A characters through GB18030/Unicode code)
    - X-Windows fonts support.
    - iconv support
    - mbtowc(), mbstowcs(), mblen()...
    - and so on...

    You need be able to do like what you can do on Solaris and HP "setenv
    LANG zh_CN.GB18030" to enable those support.

    The conveter mentioned on the Web site you fond to me is just a
    utility.

    Jane