Re: ATSUI for MacOS9

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 21:47:54 EST

    On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 10:33 PM, Theodore H. Smith wrote:

    > I'd like to know if ATSUI can be used for MacOS9. The ATSUI demo for
    > OSX works perfectly, but the ATSUI demo for OS9, can't do horizontal
    > hit testing. :o(

    ATSUI should work fine on Mac OS 9. (It was introduced with 8.5, after
    all.)

    > Why not? Is this a bug in the demo, or a bug in ATSUI for OS9? Does
    > ATSUI for Carbon on OS9 work if ATSUI for Classic OS9 doesn't?

    I really don't know. ATSUI for Carbon will be a later, better version
    than ATSUI for classic, however.

    > If anyone knows ATSUI well, could you please contact me so I can ask a
    > few more questions? Thanks a lot.

    You could send my questions to me and I can have them circulated to the
    proper people.

    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com
    jhjenkins@mac.com