Unicode list and account quotas

From: Sarasvati (root@unicode.org)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 15:32:24 EST

    Hello Unicadettes...

    This is a public service announcement.

    Recently I have noted an alarming increase in list mail being rejected
    by gateways such as Hotmail and Yahoo due to user accounts being over
    quota.

    If you wish to receive uninterrupted service, please make sure
    you keep enough open space in your mailbox. If you will be going on
    vacation, you can visit the Unicode mail list web page for instructions
    on how to set vacation mode, or to temporarily unsubscribe.

            http://www.unicode.org/unicode/consortium/distlist.html

    Because we receive so many bounced messages, and because people do
    sometimes change addresses without unsubscribing, we automatically
    remove people from the mail list after receiving 15 undeliverable
    returns over a four day period.

    There is almost always traffic on this mail list each day, so if
    you haven't received any Unicode mail for a few days, and your
    account is near its quota, you might have been removed from the list.
    Simply visit the mail list page and re-subscribe. You can also see
    if you have missed any mail by visiting the mail list archives and
    looking at the current archive.

            http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/

    Cheery regards from your,
            -- Sarasvati