Re: Dutch IJ, again

From: Pim Blokland (pblokland@planet.nl)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 09:48:50 EDT

    Doug Ewell schreef:

    > > My feelings at this moment are that if you do want to make the
    > > difference clear, write U+0133 for the "normal" ij sound and i+j
    >
    > (..) we should NOT be encouraging the use of the U+0132 and
    > U+0133 for new text.

    Yes, I do realize that. My answer was in response to the question on
    how to distinguish the two cases; however I may not have got the
    intonation right; the stress should have been on the "If you want to
    make the difference clear" part. Because that's what I was trying to
    get across: if the difference must be emphasised.

    Pim Blokland