RE: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 05:26:54 EST

    Indeed.

    The current Windows OS still stores filenames as strings of sixteen-bit
    wide words (not codpoints; not characters). It allows filenames "assa"
    and "aßa" to coexist in the same folder, despite its claim to being
    case-insensitive, and I have even managed to create filenames containing
    unmatched surrogate codepoints and noncharacter codepoints.

    Jill