Re: (OT) MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 13:02:40 EST

    On 04/12/2003 08:43, Edward H. Trager wrote:

    >The work of SIL in our time, and consequences of that work as illustrated in Hartch's
    >article, remind me very much of parallels that one can see in the impact that the Jesuits
    >have had in various places in the world at various times in history, especially for example
    >in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries in China. Here's one URL:
    >
    >http://www.ibiblio.org/expo/vatican.exhibit/exhibit/i-rome_to_china/Jesuits_in_China.html

    Thank you. One may disagree on doctrine with the Jesuits, or with SIL,
    but still appreciate their influence in opening up the world and
    cross-fertilising different cultures. That may lead to loss of cultural
    purity and so upset some anthropologists, but it is surely to the
    benefit of all, even the most determined xenophobes.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)